Healthcare Documentation Specialist Course
AHDI-Approved Distance Education Program
Med-Line School's healthcare documentation specialist combines two core programs--medical transcription and medical coding--into a single high-impact program that is designed to position graduates for success. Med-Line students enjoy a comprehensive program that trains medical transcriptionists from no knowledge of the field to an advanced acute care level using both traditional transcription as well as medical editing/speech recognition.
Med-Line School is an ADHI-approved and licensed distance education medical transcription school staffed by credentialed instructors devoted to allied healthcare development. The instructor for the transcription program is Diane Gilmore, CMT, AHDI-F, who has over 20 years of transcription experience and is the author of four post-secondary textbooks, including Medical Transcription Fundamentals, Medical Transcription Projects, as well as two fiction novels. She is a prior AHDI Educator of the Year and Med-Lines’s Director of Education.
On a national basis, Med-Line School has a proven track record for being the best medical transcription and medical editing training program for a medical transcription career. Our graduates are successful because:
- We are an ADHI-approved medical transcription school
- We offer advanced training that exceeds the industry standards
- We are licensing by the State of Arizona to teach US, Canadian, and military base residents
- We use only credentialed instructors; all personnel handling medical transcription curricula are credentialed
- We train our students to be successful medical transcriptionists and medical editors.
- Our students are highly employable after completing our program and all of our graduates have successfully found positions in the industry.
- We have an internship program using real doctor dictation that transitions you from graduate to job with ease.
Building on our standard of excellence in healthcare documentation training, Med-Line School's coding curriculum is designed to train individuals to the highest medical coding and billing standards. Our program also focuses on providing a strong health information management (HIM) background so our students will be fully prepared to face all the challenges to be seen in the electronic health record (EHR).
Med-Line’s coding program prepares students for the many unique opportunities that are found in the medical coding and billing industry. Our coding graduates are successful because:
- Our coding curriculum is designed using AAPC and AHIMA textbooks and content recommendations to ensure superior competency in all our grads.
- We train students in ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS coding using the official coding manuals they will need on the job and for credential exams, not limited training manuals.
- We train for both hospital-based and physician-based coding in one complete program.
- We feature extensive practice in our program using case studies and reports to prepare students for the real-life situations they will encounter.
- We include Billing and Reimbursement and HIM training to prepare students for the wide variety of job opportunities in HIM.
- Our program qualifies and prepares students to sit for AAPC'S CPC-A or AHIMA's CCA/CCS/CCS-P credentials.
- All of our grads have successfully pursued their preferred association credentials and are working in a variety of positions in the industry.
Enrollment in our programs is open so you can start whenever you are ready and work at your own pace. Working at your own pace does not mean you are on your own though. Documents aren't just auto-graded with pre-formatted feedback as they are at many schools. Our instructors evaluate student work to provide personalized feedback and support throughout the program.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE PROMISING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES TODAY!